Doctor-led COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Testing
We are now able to offer COVID-19 testing privately.
COVID-19 PCR Antigen Swab test
This Public Health England approved test detects whether you currently have the virus. We would advise this test for the following reasons:
- If you currently have symptoms
- Someone in your household or someone you have been in contact with has symptoms and you want to check your status
- You are required to prove that you are clear of the virus to be able to return to work
- You may need proof of a negative test to visit another medical facility
- A number of airlines require passengers to produce evidence of a recent negative COVID-19 test before flying
Test kits can be posted out for home testing where it isn't advisable for the patient to visit the surgery.
Antigen swab testing with results certificate £180 - results within 72 hours
If you also require a fit to fly letter from the doctor, there is an additional £20 fee
COVID-19 Antibody blood test
This test looks for COVID-19 antibodies in your blood. This will determine whether you have had the virus in the past. We provide the Public Health England approved Abbott antibody test that has 99% accurate sensitivity and specificity to SARS-CoV-2. The test will be done via a blood sample taken by one of our doctors.
Testing should be undertaken 14 days or more following exposure to a known case or the onset of symptoms.
Antibody blood testing price £110 - results within 24 hours
Private COVID-19 Tests are available at our Wexham and Tring clinics:
Your Doctor Wexham: Park Hall Clinic, Wexham Park Hall, Wexham Street, Bucks SL3 6NB.
Your Doctor Tring: Health & Wellbeing Centre, Champneys Tring, Chesham Road, Wigginton, Herts, HP23 6HY.
Contact us to book your private COVID-19 test, or to ask about our other services.