Hay Fever Assessment
Our assessment looks at the symptoms you are experiencing and the treatment your are currently using to try and control symptoms. The GP will then advise of other suitable types of treatment where appropriate.
The Hay Fever Injection
There are now a whole host of over-the-counter hay fever treatments available, which can be used to good effect. However, around 10% of sufferers do not respond to conventional treatment, so may consider an injection to help them get through the season.
Hay fever injections – the facts:
- The injection is for the treatment of severe hay fever, and should be considered as a second stage of treatment for patients who have already tried and had little relief from other forms of medication.
- The injection does not cure hay fever, it temporarily suppresses the immune system enough to take away the symptoms in most people who need it.
- The patient is injected in the buttock muscle and it takes just a few seconds.
- One injection can be enough to last for a whole hay fever season.
- Not suitable for children under the age of 12.
I think I could benefit from a Hay fever injection, what should I do next?
Before having the injection for the first time, one of our doctors will firstly assess your current hay fever symptom management, and carry out a quick medical assessment to make sure it is suitable for you. If you are a suitable candidate, the injection can be carried out during the appointment.